[Equest-users] Window Definition in Detailed Mode

Stephen Parker sparker at bucknell.edu
Tue Apr 14 00:00:20 PDT 2009

I'm sure this question has been asked many times before, but is there an easy way to create a new window in the detailed mode by specifying the U-Value, SHGC, and VT? In the window spread sheet there are a number of values for the individual layers like the conductance and the front and back emissivity, but I don't have detailed information like that at my disposal. The only thing I have are the performance values and would like to simply use those to create a unique window.

I noticed while going through the library, as you choose different types of window constructions and coatings, the library description on the right side gives the associated performance values with the selection. Would my best method be to go through as many of these library choices as possible and find a window that is close to what I am looking for? I would prefer not to do this method as I would like to get the most accurate values as possible.

Thanks,
Stephen Parker
Bucknell University