[Equest-users] Receptacle Energy

steven rutter stevenrutterjr at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 15:24:55 PDT 2009

I am trying to model a 2-story college going for LEED.  The building
contains several differernt lab rooms which includes a lof of
equipment (Approximately 26W/ft^2 for half of the building).  After running
the simulation, the preliminary report states that the annual TDV Energy Use
Summary for the entire building is 847.95 TDV-kBtu/sqft-yr with 684.71
towards the receptacle energy.  Trying to get the minimum 14% energy cost
savings is almost impossible with this receptacle energy. What options do I
have to reduce the Receptacle Energy in order to meet criteria for LEED
points?  Is there somewhere I can input this heat load so it does not have
such a great impact on the energy use summary report and still have an
accurate model of the building?
-Steven Rutter