[Equest-users] TMY files and Utility Rates

Jeremy Poling jpoling at epsteinglobal.com
Thu Apr 2 16:20:22 PDT 2009

Just to double-check, did you put the file in the folder shown in the
error message?  eQUEST is using old DOS naming for folders, so the
folder it lists should be "C:\Program Files\eQUEST 3-61\Weather" or a
similar folder depending on the version of eQUEST you are using.  In my
experience, the software is fairly strict with how it locates files so
you can't just import a weather file from your desktop or another
project folder.

If that doesn't work, I'd suggest using the standard eQUEST location
closest to your project and using the eQUEST weather data (usually a
TMY2 formatted file).  All of the files at the webpage you included are
US files, so I'm not sure why there would be a location on the webpage
that is not available in TMY2 data through eQUEST.

For energy rates, in the detailed data mode you need to select the
"Utility & Economics" section on the navigation bar and then the utility
rates should show up in the project component tree near the top.  I'd
always recommend that when you run the wizard that you setup a custom
rate using the wizard so that eQUEST creates part of the input for you.
Just try to make it as similar to what your rate will be as possible
since you can make adjustments later in the detailed mode.  I've seen
many users get tripped up trying to create utility rates from scratch.
I've attached a screencapture showing the basics of the Utility &
Economics section.

Jeremy R. Poling, LEED AP
Senior Sustainability Analyst
Strategic Services
Site Solutions | Operations | Sustainability

EPSTEIN