[Equest-users] Making global/universal changes

Molly Curtz molly.curtz at arup.com
Tue Apr 7 09:02:37 PDT 2009

Hi Patrick,
Two suggestions: 1) Open up the .inp file in a text editor. Search and
replace to make the changes you want. If you get a text editor that can
handle regular expressions you will be able to do more complex search
and replace operations. (Save a copy of the original .inp first, in just
case you accidentally mess up the file!) Save the changes and then
reopen the eQuest project.

2) Create a global parameter, e.g. "VAV FLOW/AREA" and give this a
numeric value. Right click on "Global Parameters", the first item in the
"Component Tree" view on the left side of the screen, select "create
global parameter". Then, set any instances of this keyword to the global
parameter. In eQuest right click on the input cell, select "edit/view
user expression", input the text #PA("VAV FLOW/AREA") The value will
display in pink in eQuest, indicating it is set by a user expression.
Then, whenever you want to change this value globally, you only need to
change the value of the parameter in one place.

Kind Regards,

Molly Curtz, P.E.
Mechanical Engineer

Arup