[Equest-users] Data Entry

Vikram Sami VSami at lasarchitect.com
Thu Aug 6 14:18:22 PDT 2009

Lars,

I'm intrigued by this - I've never had to input photometric data. What
exactly was it asking you for?

With regards to your second question, you typically specify only one
(either cfm/person or cfm.ft2 or total cfm).  If you have issues with
any of these commands try right clicking and going to either topic help,
or item help for more specific help. eQUEST has pretty good help files.
For instance when you go to item help under the Outside airflow, you get
the text below:

OUTSIDE-AIR-FLOW

The minimum flow rate of outside ventilation air for the zone.
Alternatively, or additionally, outside air flow rate may be specified
by the keywords OA-FLOW/PER and OA-CHANGES (or by
SYSTEM:MIN-OUTSIDE-AIR). The program calculates outside air flow rate
based on each entry and normally uses the larger value except if it sees
data entry for OUTSIDE-AIR-FLOW, which overrides other values. Note that
specifying outside ventilation air at the zone level takes precedence
over specifying it at the system level. Although the specified
quantities may be modified by the program for the sake of consistency,
the flow of outside ventilation air is an uninterrupted flow as long as
the fans are operating. The outside ventilation air quantity is not
determined by the design space heating or cooling demands except when an
economizer is specified. Use either OUTSIDE-AIR-FLOW or OA-FLOW/PER or
OA-CHANGES.

Hope this helps

Vikram Sami, LEED AP
Direct Phone 404-253-1466 | Direct Fax 404-253-1366

LORD, AECK & SARGENT ARCHITECTURE