[Equest-users] Data Entry

Lars Fetzek lfetzek at phoenixeng.us
Fri Aug 7 12:22:05 PDT 2009

Vikram,

    In answer to your question - in the "space properties" section, it asks
for illuminance (footcandles), ceiling-to-luminary distance (feet), and
workplane height (feet).  In the "lighting systems" section, it asks for
total lamp lumens and for the coefficient of utilization.
    That having been said, B. Fountain has kindly addressed my question.
The upshot is that the photometric data is not necessary or relevant if use
the "luminaire count" lighting data input method in the "space properties"
section and have properly defined the electrical power used by each lighting
system.  The photometric data is relevant only if I intend eQuest to
calculate the quantity of fixtures necessary to enforce a certain level of
illumination.
    As for your advising me to right-click for help -  thanks very much!
Previously, I went to "help" through the menu system, which gives me just
about nothing.

Lars Fetzek, EI
Phoenix Engineering Group
Tampa, Florida