[Equest-users] Multuiple Skylights in multiple buildings!

Sundharam, Premnath psundharam at DLRGROUP.com
Tue Dec 22 17:26:35 PST 2009

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to model skylights on multiple buildings in a campus. I
started off with the first building and added skylights on the second
roof and ran a compliance check - everything was fine!

I added another building through Design Development Wizard screen with
skylights and ran a compliance check and now I get the error message
saying "Skylgt Roof Construction is assigned to more than one surface
type" and the compliance check terminates.

I removed the skylights from this second building and ran the compliance
check it was fine! So it has to be the skylights. So I went into the
detailed mode and added just one skylight to the second building roof
and ran the compliance check - everything is fine now!

So I just don't understand why I can't have a bunch of skylights on two
separate buildings within the wizard mode? Does this mean after the
first building I have to manually add skylights to all other
buildings.... Somebody please help me understand how to model multiple
skylights in multiple buildings- this is driving me crazy!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Prem

Premnath Sundharam, Assoc. AIA, LEED AP

Architectural Designer  |  Senior Associate

psundharam at dlrgroup.com

DLR Group

Architecture  Engineering  Planning  Interiors

o: 602/381-8580
6225 North 24th Street, Suite 250  Phoenix, AZ  85016-2020
dlrgroup.com <http://www.dlrgroup.com/>   |  listen.DESIGN.deliver