[Equest-users] Modelling DOAS/MUA in eQUEST

Mathew Higgins Higgins at edi-arch.com
Sat Dec 5 11:42:28 PST 2009

I typically follow this same methodology, but put the DOAS in the
unconditioned "plenum" space where it's actually going to be
installed. Don't know if there is a word of caution from anyone when
doing this, but that way I don't have to go through the dummy zone
process. I typically input a "self-contained" ERV on these respective
units to simulate energy recovery as well.

Matthew Higgins, Associate
LEED AP + ASHRAE-HBDP

Environmental Dynamics, Inc.
Architecture and Sustainability Consulting Services
505.242.2851 x.103
web. edi-arch.com

Any data provided by the Consultant, verbal or written, are to be
considered opinions of building energy and/or daylight performance. The
Client understands that the Consultant has no control of occupant
habits, equipment or material performance or characteristics, site or
climate conditions or the Contractor's method of assembly, and that the
Consultant's opinions regarding building energy/daylight performance are
made on the basis of the Consultant's professional judgment and
experience. The Consultant makes no warranty, express or implied, that
the energy/daylight performance of the building will not vary from the
Consultant's opinion of building energy/daylight performance.

>>> "Bouchard, Jordan" <Jordan.Bouchard at stantec.com> 12/4/2009 6:02 AM

Hello,

I want to poll the group to make sure I haven’t missed a thread on the
subject.

Is the only way to model a system that separates the ventilation
requirements and the space load (Heatpump, VRF, Fan coil, etc) by
creating a dummy shell with zero loads and then passing the OA from this
dummy shell to the individual zones with “OA-FROM-SYSTEM”? My specific
system this time is a GSHP with a RTU for ventilation air that is fired
by a condensing boiler.

>From what I understand, heat recovery is not available for these
systems either.

Thanks for you help,

Jordan Bouchard, LEED® AP
Mechanical Engineer In Training
Stantec Consulting Ltd.
Ph: (416) 596-6686
Fx: (416) 596-6680
Jordan.Bouchard at stantec.com
stantec.com ( http://www.stantec.com )

The content of this email is the confidential property of Stantec and
should not be copied, modified, retransmitted, or used for any purpose
except with Stantec's written authorization. If you are not the intended
recipient, please delete all copies and notify us immediately.

ü Please consider the environment before printing this email.