[Equest-users] Modelling DOAS/MUA in eQUEST

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Mon Dec 7 07:28:57 PST 2009

To the best of my knowledge, the point of creating a “dummy zone” is the same reason you wouldn’t want to use an plenum zone – you want to avoid both internal loads and adjacent space loads from affecting the behavior of the DOAS.  Perhaps more pertinently, you might not want the thermal effects of your ventilation air, all passing through this plenum, to affect the adjoining spaces drastically.

The dummy zone is just as Jordan described – a conduit (“necessary evil?”) for attaching a second system to the zone through “OA-FROM-SYSTEM.”  Creating an actual “dummy zone” if nothing else, is a manner of helping to keep everything straight within a complicated model.

~Nick

NICK CATON, E.I.T.

PROJECT ENGINEER

25501 west valley parkway