[Equest-users] GBXML

Pasha Korber-Gonzalez pasha.pkconsulting at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 10:05:44 PST 2009

Bob,

hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe what you need
to do is have Revit export an .inp file that it creates from the input
building geometry.  Then you use this .inp file in your eQuest project.  If
I understand correctly the 3D viewer in eQuest can interpret this input and
should show you your model graphic.  Becareful when you do this though,
because you will be in DDedit mode only.  If you have not "zoned" your
building in the Revit file, then you will have either un-desired zoning  in
eQuest, or you will have to have a lot of inputs (tedious) in your eQuest
model--likely one zone for each room & space designed in your building.

I don't have successful personal experience with this approach.  I usually
default to doing my own inputs, now that I can do it 'fast enough' from my
experience--maybe a little extra time this way, but way less headaches with
eQuest...

pasha