[Equest-users] User Expressions in Schedules eQuest

Todd Lagus TLagus at Sebesta.com
Mon Feb 23 09:44:19 PST 2009

Is there a way to modify day schedules using global parameters.  For example, say I want to compare the difference between having a setback start at 6 pm instead of 10 pm.  I know how to create two different schedules and change them in the parametric run to get the difference.

However, let's say I want to use a single schedule to save time if I want to run many different parametric runs.  In pseudo code, I would say something like-

Global parameter - Setback Hour (6 pm or 10 pm)

If time < "Setback Hour", then cooling setpoint is 72, else cooling setpoint is 80

There would be a similar code to bring the setpoint back to occupied.

Is it at all possible to create a User expression in the schedules that would to this?  I could not find a keyword that corresponds to a time of day, so I think this all may be in vain.

Thanks,

Todd

Todd Lagus, EIT
Mechanical Engineer
Sebesta Blomberg
sebesta.com | P  651.634.7236 | F  651.634.7400

This message has been sent via the Internet. Internet communications are not secure against interception or modification. Sebesta Blomberg therefore can not guarantee that this message has not been modified in transit. This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender and destroy your copies of the message and any attached files.