[Equest-users] GSHP simulation crashing

Stephen Parker sparker at bucknell.edu
Fri Feb 27 07:15:46 PST 2009

Hello All,

I have just modeled a building with a ground source heat pump for the first time and I have been having some issues to get it running properly. When I attempt to simulate the building performance, the model gets about 18% into its simulation at which point it attempts to simulate the affects of the HVAC system and then eQuest can go no further and crashes. To make sure the crash was not due to any other area of the model I changed to HVAC system to another type and it is able to simulate with no problems. Has anyone had this problem before or does anybody have any advice in regards to troubleshooting this problem?

Thanks,

Stephen Parker
Bucknell University