[Equest-users] Equest-users Digest, Vol 10, Issue 28

Xiaobing Liu xiaobing_liu at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 23 10:17:35 PST 2009

DIV {
	MARGIN: 0px
}James :

You are right, eQUEST/DOE-2 uses the ARI rating fluid temperature to WSHP system simulation. Furthermore, it distinguishes the different rating fluid temperatures for WLHP (with cooling tower and boiler) and GLHP (with ground loop) system. For GLHP application, the ARI rating condition is 77F for cooling and 32F for heating.

For this reason, in the ClimateMaster heat pump library, which is an add-on feature of eQUEST, performance curves are normolized at the different rating conditions for WLHP and GLHP systems, so do the EIR, condenser head loss (due to different flow rate for WLHP and GLHP applications), and capacity.

Xiaobing