[Equest-users] beginner questions

Verena Kindl verena.kindl at web.de
Fri Jul 17 04:17:06 PDT 2009

Hello all,

i am completely new in equest and i have some basic questions.

First how do i define interior walls i have realized that the boundaries of the zones are often interior walls but how can i specify them individually for example in case there are rooms connection over many floors or interior walls with different u values per shell. I read in the archive that i should draw the zones smaller than the footprint and the rest is wall. Is this the way i determine the thickness of the wall ?

Second i have a ventilation unit which preconditions the air and in the individual rooms there are fan coils to adjust the temperature individually in each room. But if i use for example the 4 pipe fan coils there is no preconditioned air only the outside and if i use the standard VAV then i do not adjust the temperature in each room individually. Can i somehow combine the HVAC i read some things to create dummy zones ?

Is there any training material available except the tutorial or the Quick reference manual. I am an absolute beginner and there is no training available in Germany. I definitely need more basic backgroundknowledge about equest.

Thank u very much for helping a desperate beginner

Cu Verena

Neu: WEB.DE Doppel-FLAT mit Internet-Flatrate + Telefon-Flatrate
für nur 19,99 Euro/mtl.!* *http://produkte.web.de/go/02/* [http://produkte.web.de/go/02/]