[Equest-users] Roof Conduction - Where are you?

Eckwahl, Tom TEckwahl at karpinskieng.com
Thu Jul 23 06:28:44 PDT 2009

My baseline building energy usage is much lower than expected and in
trying to track down the cause I've found that the "Building Peak Load
Components" lists no roof heat gain or heat loss.  I did find that there
is a gain/loss located in the upper floor plenum and it's shown in the
"Space Peak Load Components".

Is the plenum not considered part of the building?  I'm concerned that
the plenum walls and roof are not being included in the energy modeling
run.

Thomas N. Eckwahl
Project Engineer, Mechanical

karpinski