[Equest-users] How to turn interior wall into exterior wall?

Vikram Sami VSami at lasarchitect.com
Thu Jul 23 14:02:10 PDT 2009

There's no direct way that I know of within eQUEST. Two options:

1.       Delete the interior wall and create a new exterior wall on the
same polygon vertex as the interior wall was.

2.       Open the inp file in a text editor and search for the interior
wall  - it's definition should look something like this:

"EL1 West Wall (G.S2.I1)" = INTERIOR-WALL   [Change to EXTERIOR-WALL]

   NEXT-TO          = "EL1 West Perim Spc (G.W1)" [Delete this line]

   CONSTRUCTION     = "EL1 IWall Construction"[Change to the
construction type for your exterior wall]

   LOCATION         = SPACE-V6

   ..

Vikram Sami, LEED AP
Direct Phone 404-253-1466 | Direct Fax 404-253-1366

LORD, AECK & SARGENT ARCHITECTURE