[Equest-users] Equest-users Digest, Vol 15, Issue 17

Min-Hwan Yang yangm at kjww.com
Tue Jun 16 13:04:42 PDT 2009

I think the capacities of boiler is sized based on non-coincident condition as default.

Min-Hwan Yang, LEED AP
Mechanical Engineer | yangm at kjww.com

200 West Jackson Boulevard, Suite 1200 | Chicago, Illinois 60606
312-294-0501 | Direct: 312-356-3750 | Fax: 312-294-0003
www.kjww.com

I have had the same problem when I let EQUEST automatically size the boiler for me.  In my situation, EQUEST drastically oversized the boiler so it was running at 10% capacity 90% of the time.  You can check to see if you have the same problem by looking at report PS-C to see what part load range your boiler is operating at.  To fix the problem, first I manually set the capacity of the boiler, which helped a lot, but the program was still over estimating the energy consumption.  Then, I created a custom performance curve using actual data for my boiler.  That solved my problem.