[Equest-users] Zoning in different floors - eQuest

Anand.Varahala at us.schneider-electric.com Anand.Varahala at us.schneider-electric.com
Fri Jun 26 08:10:01 PDT 2009

Hello All,

I'm modeling a two floor building with very different usage (first floor,
mostly kitchen, dining area and rest rooms; second floor has mostly
offices and conference rooms). So, zoning for HVAC would be quite
different for both the floors. Is there a way I can model the building as
a single shell with different zoning for the floors? Or, do I have to
model each floor as an individual shell?

Also, along the south wall there is an "atrium" with a 'gallery' in the
second floor from which one can look down into the first! How exactly do I
model that? I can go to zoning characteristics and select that zone to be
a multi-level atrium, but what do I do when I define second floor?

I would greatly appreciate if you can help me answer these Questions.
Thank you in advance.
-Anand

*** Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail