[Equest-users] Fan Control

Tony Kriel tkriel at sustaineng.com
Tue Mar 10 14:39:28 PDT 2009

We have a bit of an in-office argument going on and I was wondering if
people could share some insight on the subject.

Situation:

A user has a VAV system with dampers at the VAV boxes and a VFD on the
supply fan.  To properly model this, would the user make sure that the Fan
EIR is 'Variable Speed Drive FPLR' and then change Fan Control to
'Discharge' or leave it as 'Fan EIR FPLR'?

If you are supposed to leave the fan control dialogue as 'Fan EIR FPLR' then
what is the purpose of being able to change the fan control if you have
already selected the appropriate Fan EIR curve?

Thanks for helping solve the in-office dispute,

Tony Kriel, LEED AP

Mechanical Engineer

tkriel at sustaineng.com

(608) 231-9664 ext. 16