[Equest-users] baseboard&HRV&OA

Lisa Zhang lisazhangtj at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 03:03:10 PST 2009

Dear eneryone,

     I met a problem when I simulated the HVAC system baseboard. The
system of the project is that Package VAV for the summer and boiler
for radiator in the winter with HRV. I choose baseboard and just enter
the OA in each zone. The problem is IF I increase the OA value, the
heating consumption will turn down, that totally differs from our
experences.
I check the SIM and the heating load is proper. I try to use another
method to simulate the OA, that is to create a dummy space and induce
the OA from that, the result is just OA EXCEPT the fan consumption is
much higher than before. I am quite confused because I have close the
fan and heating&cooling by schedule for the OA system.
    Under that, I use HRV for the OA system, and the result for the
heating &cooling both increased which is quite confused.
    Thanks for you help!!!!!

BEST REGARDS
Lisa