[Equest-users] R-Value problem

Dakota Kelley dakotak at teliospc.com
Fri Nov 6 12:38:55 PST 2009

The conversion is accurate.  If your calculated values don’t agree, it’s usually due to one or both of two things:

1)      The conversion accounts for the inside air film (default of R-0.68), so you cannot simply take 1/R of the physical assembly to get the expected U-value

2)      If you are specifying steel framed construction in the wizard, the insulation will be de-rated according to the stud depth and spacing.  Refer to Table A9.2B in 90.1 for details.

Regards,

                         DAKOTA KELLEY

                                Project Designer

                                Office:      214-744-6199

                                Cell:         214-280-3825

                                Fax:         214-744-0770

http://www.teliospc.com <http://www.teliospc.com/>           3535 Travis St. Suite 115

dakotak at teliospc.com <mailto:dakotak at teliospc.com>              Dallas, TX 75204

| MEP ENGINEERING · ENERGY MODELING · LEED CONSULTATION · COMMISSIONING |

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed,

And may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you

are not the intended recipient, please email the sender immediately, and delete this email from all computers.  Any

distribution or other use is strictly prohibited.  Copyright © 2009 Telios Corporation.