[Equest-users] Adjacent Shells

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Wed Nov 11 10:10:41 PST 2009

Robert - Thanks so much for that heads-up!  Some further questions
though...

I've observed that separate shells sharing the exact same vertices will
default the shared walls to be "partially adiabatic" in the same
manner/location you've described...

1.       I think this still necessitates going into detailed mode and
making them interior walls associated with the correct adjacent zone, if
you don't want to call them adiabatic.  Is that right?

2.       This is obviously a real time-saver for a number of situations,
but attached and below is a screenshot of my case-in-point:  When
modeling courtyards by using a footprint that cuts through the interior
(as has been described in other posts), it looks like we can right-click
the "cutting" lines that are ~1" apart to define them as adiabatic, but
is there any way to zoom in this view that I'm missing to be sure this
has been done correctly to all of the affected walls?  It appears that
you can only select one specific wall when they're that close together
from this zoomed perspective...  This screengrab shows purple lines
where I've tried to perform this action, but if you squint you'll see it
appears I have both a purple and black line in some locations, and I
can't seem to right click with enough accuracy to define each of them...

Thanks again Robert and to everyone sharing their insights!  Apologies
if my mspaint markup is hard on the eyes!

~Nick

NICK CATON, E.I.T.

PROJECT ENGINEER

25501 west valley parkway