[Equest-users] Energy modeling with respect to ASHRAE compliance and LEED's Optimized Energy Performance Credit

Robert Des Rosiers desrosiers at studioma.com
Tue Oct 13 11:28:03 PDT 2009

All:

A question regarding energy modeling with respect to ASHRAE compliance and
LEED's Optimized Energy Performance Credit.

I am in the process of creating an energy model using eQUEST for a new
building on a campus.  The building will utilize the campus' central plant
for steam and chilled water distribution piping.

Question:  When creating the energy model, I assume the energy costs, as
required for LEED, would be calculated for all local (building, not central
plant) building systems and would not include energy/cost data from the
campus' central plant.  In eQUEST, how does one separate energy consumption
data of the building from the central plant?

Thanks -

Robert