[Equest-users] PHOTOCELL-CTRL problem

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Fri Oct 23 12:11:42 PDT 2009

I'm at the point of troubleshooting the application of PHOTOCELL-CTRL to
my exterior lighting loads.

My lighting loads are accounted under an electrical meter as shown on
the attached image.

The help file and previous discussions on this mailing list seem to
indicate that the use of PHOTOCELL-CTRL requires that the referenced
schedule be of the type "ON/OFF."

The conflict is that a schedule applied to an exterior direct load under
an electrical meter must be of the type "MULTIPLIER."  If I set up my
schedules as "ON/OFF" per the PHOTOCELL-CTRL directions, they don't
appear in the dropdown list to be selected in the attached screengrab.

I want to apply PHOTOCELL-CTRL behavior for my exterior light
schedules... can anyone point me in the right direction to make this
happen?  Is it possible PHOTOCELL-CTRL just works when the schedule is
of the type "MULTIPLIER?"

Attached is the the DOE2 help file entry in its entirety for reference.

Also for reference, my 3 Exterior Lighting Schedules look like this at
the moment:

----------DAY

"ExtLtg Dusk/Dawn DaySch" = DAY-SCHEDULE-PD

   TYPE             = ON/OFF

   VALUES           = ( 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1,

                  1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1,

                  1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1,

                  1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 )

   ..

"ExtLtg Dusk/12AM DaySch" = DAY-SCHEDULE-PD

   TYPE             = ON/OFF

   VALUES           = ( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,

                  0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1,

                  1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1,

                  1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 )

   ..

"ExtLtg Security DaySch" = DAY-SCHEDULE-PD

   TYPE             = ON/OFF

   VALUES           = ( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,

                  0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,

                  1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,

                  0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, )

   ..

----------WEEK

"ExtLtg Dusk/Dawn WeekSch" = WEEK-SCHEDULE-PD

   TYPE             = ON/OFF

   DAY-SCHEDULES    = ( "ExtLtg Dusk/Dawn DaySch" )

   ..

"ExtLtg Dusk/12AM WeekSch" = WEEK-SCHEDULE-PD

   TYPE             = ON/OFF

   DAY-SCHEDULES    = ( "ExtLtg Dusk/12AM DaySch" )

   ..

"ExtLtg Security WeekSch" = WEEK-SCHEDULE-PD

   TYPE             = ON/OFF

   DAY-SCHEDULES    = ( "ExtLtg Security DaySch" )

   ..

----------ANNUAL

"ExtLtg Dusk/Dawn AnnSch" = SCHEDULE-PD

   TYPE               = ON/OFF

   PHOTOCELL-CTRL     = DAY-OFF

   MONTH              = ( 12 )

   DAY                = ( 31 )

   WEEK-SCHEDULES     = ( "ExtLtg Dusk/Dawn WeekSch" )

   ..

"ExtLtg Dusk/12AM AnnSch" = SCHEDULE-PD

   TYPE               = ON/OFF

   PHOTOCELL-CTRL     = DAY-OFF

   MONTH              = ( 12 )

   DAY                = ( 31 )

   WEEK-SCHEDULES     = ( "ExtLtg Dusk/12AM WeekSch" )

   ..

"ExtLtg Security AnnSch" = SCHEDULE-PD

   TYPE               = ON/OFF

   MONTH              = ( 12 )

   DAY                = ( 31 )

   WEEK-SCHEDULES     = ( "ExtLtg Security WeekSch" )

NICK CATON, E.I.T.

PROJECT ENGINEER

25501 west valley parkway

olathe ks 66061