[Equest-users] Electric meters & loads

Lars Fetzek lfetzek at phoenixeng.us
Wed Sep 23 08:20:30 PDT 2009

DOE2-2ers,

    I have read the ELEC-METER pages of the DOE2-2 dictionary and just don't
see how to assign the various electrical loads from my building to the
meters.  It mentions "INTERIOR-POWER", "INTERIOR-SCH", "INTERIOR-EU",
"EXTERIOR-POWER", "EXTERIOR-SCH", and "EXTERIOR-EU", but offers no
clarifying examples.  Furthermore, "INTERIOR-POWER" and "EXTERIOR-POWER" are
described as accepting "...a list of up to 10 values of hourly electrical
energy consumed by miscellaneous uses... ...that do not show up anywhere
else."  Clear as mud.
    Electrically-powered HVAC systems exist.  Electrically-powered DHW
systems exist.  Various lighting systems will be defined and assigned to
spaces.  Exterior lighting systems will be defined.  I just want to asssign
these electrical loads to their proper meters.
    Does anybody know how to do this?  Does anyone have an excerpt from a
.inp file that can serve as a clarifying example?
    Thanks.

Lars Fetzek, EI
Phoenix Engineering Group
Tampa, Florida