[Equest-users] Issues with Furnace Heating to Hot Water Boiler

Nina, Netty Netty.Nina at wspfk.com
Tue Sep 29 05:10:13 PDT 2009

Dear eQuest users,

I have a Baseline Building that is System 3 (as per ASHRAE 90.1-2004)
with DX cooling and gas furnace heating.  Whenever I change the heating
from furnace heating to VAV with a Hot Water Boiler in eQuest, the gas
heating usage goes up more than would be expected. I have made other
changes to the model (such as improving the building envelope and
changing the systems) incrementally with expected results. Once I change
the heating type, the gas usage goes up ridiculously. Does anyone have
any idea why this would be happening?

Thanks,

Netty