[Equest-users] Error question

Lars Fetzek lfetzek at phoenixeng.us
Mon Sep 14 12:07:55 PDT 2009

eQuesters,

    I included the following text in my .inp file, copied-and-pasted from an
.inp file that eQuest generated.  My intention is to edit it to reflect the
conditions of the present project, which I really really don't want to have
to re-create in the wizard, since I've already composed about 3,000 lines of
.inp code for complex geometry, schedules, etc.  As of yet, the only thing
that I've edited are the U-names referring to the fan schedule, the heat
schedule, the cool schedule, and the space - so that they match the present
project.  Scrolling down in this e-mail, you'll see the lovely error
messages that appear when I load the .inp file into eQuest.  Can anyone tell
me what is wrong and how to fix it?  (Yes, I clicked on the errors, but
eQuest tells me nothing helpful.)
    By the way, my concern here is only with HVAC errors and not with the
electric meter error, which simply results from me having commented-out the
electric meter code in the .inp file.
    Thanks if you have advice...

Lars Fetzek, EI
Phoenix Engineering Group
Tampa, Florida

$ *********************************************************
$ **                                                     **
$ **               HVAC Systems / Zones                  **
$ **                                                     **
$ *********************************************************

"HVAC1 System" = SYSTEM
   TYPE             = PVAVS
   HEAT-SOURCE      = NONE
   ZONE-HEAT-SOURCE = ELECTRIC
   BASEBOARD-SOURCE = NONE
   SIZING-RATIO     = 1.15
   MAX-SUPPLY-T     = 95
   MIN-SUPPLY-T     = 55
   ECONO-LIMIT-T    = 65
   ECONO-LOCKOUT    = YES
   OA-CONTROL       = FIXED
   FAN-SCHEDULE     = "HVAC1 Fan Sch"
   FAN-CONTROL      = FAN-EIR-FPLR
   SUPPLY-STATIC    = 3.569
   SUPPLY-EFF       = 0.521452
   RETURN-EFF       = 0.53
   FAN-EIR-FPLR     = "Variable Speed Drive FPLR"
   REHEAT-DELTA-T   = 15
   COOLING-CAPACITY = 379900
   COOLING-EIR      = 0.324232
   CRANKCASE-HEAT   = 0