[Equest-users] Looking for Volunteer Project

Brad Painting bradpainting at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 14:54:46 PDT 2009

Pasha-

I was thinking I could contribute around 10-15 hours per week, but I'm
flexible. It's been a while since I used eQuest so I'll have to do some
refreshing, but I am reasonably comfortable with:

-Modeling the building shell, including footprint, zones, fenestration,
insulation, materials, etc. I did this for a LEED project in my last job so
I can also input the required baseline and design specs according to ASHRAE.

- I am somewhat comfortable inputting the HVAC system into the DD Wizard,
except I'm sometimes confused about modeling the fans and outside air-flow.

I don't have any experience editing items directly in the component tree or
spreadsheet, doing parametric runs, or performing utility analysis. I don't
have a specific area I want to learn about, but just get more practice
overall.

I modeled most of a small building in my last job, but unfortunately I
didn't get much feedback. My boss couldn't find an energy modeler that used
eQuest so they ended up redoing it in another program. Hopefully this gives
you an idea of where I am. Thanks again for the opportunity to work on this.

Brad