[Equest-users] Miscellaneous equipment

Pasha Korber-Gonzalez pasha.pkconsulting at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 11:31:37 PDT 2010

Mike,

Misc equip refers to your plug loads in a space.  (i.e. things that may plug
into the wall outlets...)  For offices typical plug loads include computers,
monitors, printers, copiers, phone systems, task lamps, etc.   Plug loads
will vary (as well as thier values) based on building/space type.  These
loads are not currently regulated by any standard, but there are suggestions
of assumptions or design loads that should be used to represent thier
consumption of energy.

In a baseline & design model comparison exercise the misc. equip. energy use
should be the same in both cases.  Because there are no standards that
regulate plug loads there can be no energy savings credits taken for
initiatives in these areas--this is the general assumption within the
industry.

The user is the one to vary these inputs and make sure that the input
assumptions & results are realistic.  Under the internal loads tabs for each
space you can input the EPD (equipment power density) which will vary your
misc. equip energy results.

Hope this helps.
Pasha