[Equest-users] error message: "ShellWiz has no validZnGrpWizchildren." --- too many shells?

Grando, John JGrando at cosentini.com
Wed Apr 14 06:21:52 PDT 2010

I run into this problem often when modeling mechanical spaces as their own shell.  It seems that some of the zoning patterns in the wizard ("one per zone" especially) can not handle some of the custom shapes you may make and will not let you select them in the zone group screen.  My solution has been just to select the zone pattern you want, then select "custom", then on the pop up screen select "keep previous zoning pattern", and then hit done when the drawing screen pops up.  You can then go to the zone groups screen and be able to select it.  This has always worked for me so I think it should solve your error.

John Grando LEED AP| Mechanical Engineer