[Equest-users] How to turn off hot water loop and how to make a FCU+DOAS system simulation

Rob Hudson rdh4176 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 07:07:21 PDT 2010

you can keep the heating and hot water in the model, and simply use "non
heating" thermostat schedules that will allow the space to be satisfied
without turning on the hot water coils.  also in the hot water loop there is
a snap temperature.  set this to 120 or something high and the boilers and
attached equipment will never turn on.

also for the DOAS system with FCU equipment.  i have done exactly that and
gotten good results.  Start by setting all your FCU systems to have
OA-FROM-SYSTEM to the DOAS system and make sure that the DOAS system is
attached to a "dummy space."  this space doesn't need to have walls or
loads, just 1sqft of space and the correct thermostat schedules and it
should work just fine.

2010/4/19 Grando, John <JGrando at cosentini.com>

>  You can just select it as it is and then remove it in Detailed edit or
> set the heating level to something extremely low (55F).
>

> *John Grando LEED AP| Mechanical Engineer
> *

Rob Hudson