[Equest-users] Equest v 3.63 - Pkg Heat Pump - heating output

Mike Schaefer mikedschaefer at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 18 14:11:28 PDT 2010

While modeling a variable speed blower fan and variable compressor rooftop unit heat pump the Simulation Report lists the EM1 Electricity MBTU for space heating as “nan”. Does anyone know why I don’t receive a quantity for heating?

In the Air-Side HVAC System Parameters dialog box I’ve selected system type: “Pkgd Var Vol Var Temp”,  Heat Source: “Heat Pump”, Heating Electric Input Ratio Curves: “PVVT-Heat-EIR-fEDB&OAT”. My system does not have supplemental electric heat.

Michael Schaefer - P.E., LEED® AP