[Equest-users] (eQuest Users) Summer heating in a VAV system

Bishop, Bill wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Wed Aug 18 09:41:31 PDT 2010

Scott,

I would apply different thermostat schedules to some of your spaces. You
have three mechanical spaces, two bathrooms and a work space out of 13
total spaces on the system. These spaces are probably not intended to be
heated and cooled within the same narrow range as the offices etc. Also,
you have entered the supply cfm for the system but not for the zones. It
would not take much effort to add design cfm to the zones to see how it
changes things. I was going to suggest that you make your bathroom walls
"air walls" since that is where you are exhausting from - air is being
transferred from adjacent spaces. However, you already have all your
interior walls set to air walls. I'm guessing most of those should be
changed to "standard".

Regards,
Bill

William Bishop, PE, BEMP, LEED(r) AP | Pathfinder Engineers & Architects
LLP
Mechanical Engineer

134 South Fitzhugh Street
Rochester, NY 14608