[Equest-users] Refrigeration and hot water loops

Rob Rosen rrosen at taitem.com
Mon Aug 23 10:28:29 PDT 2010

I thought I read somewhere that if there is refrigeration in an eQUEST
model, then the water-side HVAC components are disabled. This seems to be
the case when I try it in version 3.63.

I have not been able to get a water loop, either DHW or heating, to show any
energy use when there is refrigeration in the model. It is a model of a
grocery store with PSZ HVAC and refrigeration in most zones. Am I doing
something wrong, or is it true that water-side systems cannot be included if
there are also refrigeration systems?

Thanks,

Rob Rosen
Senior Energy Analyst
Taitem Engineering
110 S. Albany St.
Ithaca, NY 14850
Phone: 607-277-1118 ext 110
Fax: 607-277-2119
www.taitem.com
ü Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.