[Equest-users] Total Run Hours

Mehta, Gaurav Gaurav.Mehta at stantec.com
Thu Aug 19 11:22:25 PDT 2010

Connor,

In addition to the fan schedule, the total run hours are also affected by the 'Night Cycle Control'. Please check if the baseline and the proposed building models have the same night cycle control.

Even if the fans are set to cycle on during night time in both the models, the total run hours can be slightly different due to differences in building envelope. e.g. the proposed building might have a well insulated envelope and may not call for heating during night time to maintain the thermostat set back. Whereas, the baseline building (or a zone in the building) might call for heating during night time and thus would result in the fans cycling on during night time.

Gaurav Mehta, LEED® AP
Sustainable Building Analyst
Stantec

1932 First Avenue Suite 307
Seattle WA 98101
Ph: (206) 770-7779
Fx: (206) 770-5941
Gaurav.Mehta at stantec.com

stantec.com <http://www.stantec.com>

The content of this email is the confidential property of Stantec and should not be copied, modified, retransmitted, or used for any purpose except with Stantec's written authorization. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete all copies and notify us immediately.

ü Please consider the environment before printing this email.