[Equest-users] ASHRAE Answer to 22 W/Gal Primary-Secondary Pump Question

Paul Diglio paul.diglio at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 1 09:22:05 PST 2010

FYI

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: "Hammerling, Steve"
To: "paul.diglio at sbcglobal.net" <paul.diglio at sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Wed, December 1, 2010 9:05:08 AM
Subject: FW: 90.1-2007 G3.1.3.10 Question

Mr. Diglio,

I received a reply from the chair of the subcommittee that authored Appendix G.
He notes the following:

I have always interpreted that as 22 W/gpm for the entire pumping system so if
multiple pumps are used they need to add up to 22 W/gpm. It is up to the modeler
to  decide how to split the 22 W/gpm up.

I hope this information is useful to you.

Sincerely
Steve Hammerling
Technical Services Engineer

Steve  Hammerling, Assistant Manager of Research & Technical Services
American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers, Inc
1791 Tullie Cir. Atlanta, GA 30329
Direct Line: 678-539-1158     Fax: 678-539-2158     eMail:
shammerling at ashrae.org     Web: www.ASHRAE.org

Don’t gamble when it comes to sustainable building. Attend ASHRAE’s 2011 Winter
Conference in Las Vegas to learn more.
PPlease consider the environment before printing this e-mail.