[Equest-users] COP Issue in Baseline System

ashu gupta kce2 at kamalcogentenergy.com
Wed Feb 10 05:15:16 PST 2010

Hello Friends,

I am doing a project in which 1150 TR load is serving by water cooled
chillers which COP is 5.95, and 250 TR load serving by DX units (not
possible to serve by Chillers) which COP is approx 3.00. As per ASHRAE Table
G3.1.1A, my system type is 8 which is VAV with reheat, in which cooling type
is chiller, so all system are served by Chiller, my question is that  what
COP/EIR should be taken in baseline chiller.

Also, Can anybody explain the System 8 Variable Air Volume with PFP boxes
and how can it model in eQuest.

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Ashu Gupta,