[Equest-users] Demand numbers to report for LEED EAc1 template

Susan Trzos Susan.Trzos at som.com
Wed Feb 10 08:19:13 PST 2010

Hi all -

Could someone tell me which numbers in the PS-E report to use for the Demand numbers that are reported in the LEED EAc1 template, Table 1.8.1 and 1.8.2?

I have a baseline model showing 842,583 kwh for lighting, a max kw of 215.2, and a peak enduse of 45.1. Then in my proposed model my lighting kwh decreases to 654,000, max kw goes down to 167.4, but peak enduse jumps up to 155.4. Also for my equipment, the kwh and max kw are the same for both base and proposed, whereas the peak enduse is higher in the proposed. Energy being the same and demand being higher seems weird. (See attached or below.)

If we use peak enduse, is it okay to report a value of zero demand for some of the categories?

Baseline results:
                                                LIGHTS                  MISC EQUIP
KWH                                      842583                  1379306
MAX KW                              215.2                     291.0
MON/DY                              1/ 2                        1/ 2
PEAK ENDUSE                    45.1                        109.7
PEAK PCT                             2.7                          6.6

Proposed results:
                                                LIGHTS                  MISC EQUIP
KWH                                      654000                  1379306
MAX KW                              167.4                     291.0
MON/DY                              1/ 2                        1/ 2
PEAK ENDUSE                    155.4                     291.0
PEAK PCT                             13.2                        24.8

Thanks,
SUSAN TRZOS, LEED(r) AP

SKIDMORE, OWINGS & MERRILL LLP
224 SOUTH MICHIGAN
CHICAGO, IL 60604
T: 312.360.4234  F: 312.360.4545
SUSAN.TRZOS at SOM.COM

SOM

The information contained in this communication may be confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please return it to the sender immediately and delete the original message and any copy of it from your computer system. If you have any questions concerning this message, please contact the sender.