[Equest-users] Appendix G Baseline PVAVS System

omoltay at mimtarch.com omoltay at mimtarch.com
Tue Feb 16 12:24:49 PST 2010

Hello,

For modelling of the baseline HVAC system I have to use packaged VAV with
reheat (System 5). Does this mean that there will only be zonal heating or
can one also provide central heating in the packaged unit?

Also, I observe that for heating, eQuest will only deliver a minute CFM
for supply, whereas the cooling the supply flow is very flexible. As a
result I have a huge number of unheated hours.

For example, my outdoor air ventilation is 98 CFM, and zone design supply
is 828 CFM. The min. flow fraction is 0.118. I winter periods I get only
120 CFM at constant volume which is not sufficient for meeting the loads.

How can I increase this CFM and also make it variable so that my system
can deliver the varying heating energy during the day?

Thank you,

Omer Moltay, LEED AP