[Equest-users] Message

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Thu Feb 18 13:14:54 PST 2010

I will partially/fully address your questions - be advised you will need
to provide more specific info to get more specific answers however:

1. Are you trying to define your constructions within the wizard mode?
If so, you can easily define a 6" concrete wall with wood-furred
insulation there to match your desired construction.  It's done in one
of the first wizard screens for each of your shells.
2. I'm struggling to understand why you would want to create shells
within shells.  Though there may be a significant volume of space above
the interior "rooms," I would simply define them as separate zones with
a huge plenum "zone."  If accuracy is paramount and you suspect there
might be a huge accuracy hit by defining those spaces above the
low-ceiling rooms to be separate spaces, you can later in detailed mode
ensure the "plenums" above these rooms are thermally tied to the
remainder of the open warehouse zone surrounding them.

I'd suggest two shells only based on what you're describing:  One for
main building and one for warehouse.

Regarding getting started and wishing for training, let me suggest
bookmarking these two archive searching pages:
a.	http://lists.onebuilding.org/pipermail/bldg-sim-onebuilding.org/
b.
http://lists.onebuilding.org/pipermail/equest-users-onebuilding.org/

...and then reading this email I wrote regarding "beginner's advice" for
some very general pointers:
c.
http://lists.onebuilding.org/htdig.cgi/equest-users-onebuilding.org/2009
-November/002534.html