[Equest-users] Need help on eQuest Modeling

Pandora Lei pandora.lei at p2seng.com
Thu Jan 14 14:56:52 PST 2010

I am modeling a student union bldg (3 stories+basement) and I need your
input/help on how to model it correctly or in a logical way
..

HVAC system:

CHW come from campus central plant and

1.       pipe into AHU-1&2 CHW coil. AHU-1&2 serves the West Wing’s 1st
floor,  East Wing and South Wing’s VAV box with reheat coil.

2.       Pipe into West Wing for radiant cooling.

220deg F Hot Steam come from campus central

1.       Pipe into Heat Exchanger and heat transfer to bldg HHW loop. This
HHW loop is going to serve the West Wing’s 1st floor,  East Wing and South
Wing’s VAV box with reheat coil.

2.       The bldg HHW loop will also pipe into the another heat exchanger
that service the radiant floor HHW loop that requires lower HHW temp.

My approach on modeling this bldg in eQuest,

1.       Model the bldg envelope. (DD Wizard)

2.       Use glass type from library, set daylighting (DD Wizard)

3.       Create AHU-1&2, 4pieps fan coil with zero horse power as radiant
floor heating and cooling and assign zones to each AHU-1&2 and the fan coil
unit. (DD Wizard)

4.       Create Meters for CHW and Steam from campus central plant (Detail
Interface)

5.       ?????

How do I model the heat exchanger into the Bldg HHW loop? How do I model the
radiant floor heating into the Bldg HHW loop?

When model the AHU-1&2, I selected VAV with reheatà eQuest will
automatically generate the VAV box into each zone? Or I need to model the
VAV box individually?

I am very confused and frustrated with eQuest
.. anyway is input/help is
greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Pandora Lei, EIT

Mechanical Design Engineer