[Equest-users] Detailed Data Edit: fixing walls, ceilings etc.

Taylor Sharpe newspectrum at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 16:05:47 PST 2010

As part of getting to know the program, I have been creating simple
models with the DD wizard and then switching into DDE mode to make
adjustments, create components, etc.  At the moment, I am working on
creating and preparing walls, ceilings, etc.

I have included a screenshot of a current project, in which I adjust
the top floor of a building to give it a slanted roof: I delete a wall
on one side and raise the wall on the other side, then assign polygons
to the other two walls to make them triangular; I then resize and tilt
the roof to fit onto these other polygons.

The screenshot will make it clear that all of the pieces are not
personally aligned, but that's only because I haven't done the math to
place them perfectly.  My question is: once the polygons and the roof
have been placed, will eQuest automatically "snap" the elements
together to create a seal?  Is there some process for ceiling two
polygons together?

Regards,
-Taylor Sharpe