[Equest-users] eQUEST unconditioned spaces

John David Waller jwaller at email.arizona.edu
Fri Jul 16 13:16:03 PDT 2010

Maybe I was too vague in my reply.

I, too, was hoping for some insight into this particular issue.

While I do believe this to be a software (developer) oversight, I also
believe that any offered solution(s) to such a 'problem' could be handled
with slightly more dignity; perhaps even some humility!

It is more likely that 'this' is a software issue more than anything else.
 Hopefully this, and many other issues, will have been addressed in '3.6.4'!

It makes absolutely no sense to me to assign a system to 'unconditioned
space' that is being used to 'condition', condition space. Since every
'space', or zone requires the assignment of a specific mechanical system,
then wouldn't it be likely [as in the 'real world' vs. our 'virtual' one, be
equipped with 'NO" system since it is 'NOT' conditioned, versus an
'operable' system that supplies conditioning to a space that requires such?

While it agreed that all zone 'must belong to a system', I'm not convinced
that your [emphatic] solution employs the ideal method for addressing such
an issue.  It seems to me that you're placing her back to the same point in
which she came to discover such a unique condition.

Looking forward to a legitimate response!

Sincerely--
John