[Equest-users] eQUEST unconditioned spaces

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Fri Jul 16 14:55:30 PDT 2010

Hi John,

My perceptive powers are not the greatest, as my wife will assure you,
but I'm failing to see the reason to get any feathers need to be hackled
here (I did miss your reply, perhaps it wasn't copied to the list?)....

The reality that DOE2 has a "no child-zone left behind act" of sorts is
just the nature of the beast, and nobody is arguing that's unintuitive -
it's simply something we have to learn as we become familiar with the
engine.  I don't know that I'd expect this issue to be resolved in the
next major update as it's something a user can work around (unlike some
other more pertinent issues), as Dakota is plainly demonstrating with
his (typically) thorough response.

Everyone is here to help each other, rest assured (^_^)b, those who
aren't don't stick around long, and Dakota's certainly been around for
awhile!  If you have a "more correct" or otherwise better solution to
handling unconditioned zones before or after the wizards, I would
personally like to know also - I do the same as Dakota.  I understand
others simply ignore the zone grouping wizard screens altogether (though
I find them to be quite a time-saver), so his inclusion of "simply do
this" in detailed is very appropriate to the group at large...

Wishing everyone a safe and happy weekend,

~Nick

NICK CATON, E.I.T.

PROJECT ENGINEER

25501 west valley parkway