[Equest-users] Strange errors in file- HELP!

Patrick J. O'Leary, Jr. poleary1969 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 17:13:30 PDT 2010

actually this depends what editing mode you are in.

if your project is saved in detailed edit mode (ddedit) this is correct.

if your project is saved in wizard edit mode this is not correct.
wizard mode writes to the pd2 file and overwrites any changes made in
the .inp file every time you finish/exit the wizard.  this is why there
is a warning dialog when switching to/from detailed edit mode that tells
you changes you make in detailed mode will not be saved when entering
wizard edit mode.

if your project is in wizard edit mode then you can modify the .pd2 file
when you are not in equest and you will see those changes reflected next
time you open equest and open the file.  i have added multiple ac-units
to .pd2 files so they show up in wizard mode without my having to create
them via the wizard, or copy one to create 5 more of the same packaged
unit variety & then edit the tonnage or cfm.  i have also, when changing
zones, copied and pasted from previous pd2 files the window code
segments into the respective facets after the wizard erases all of the
custom windows (like it tells you it will) when you modify a zone size
(or a roof).