[Equest-users] PSZ Very High Unmet Hours

Bruce Easterbrook bruce5 at bellnet.ca
Thu Jul 29 17:39:10 PDT 2010

     This is just basic fundamentals and has nothing to do with eQuest.
If you have 50 rooms, and want perfect control in each one you need 50
t-stats and 50 PSZ units.  Once you move away from this you need a way
to independently manipulate the temperature in each room up and down.
VFD will vary volume and pressure, but will not independently vary the
volume to an individual room as you are using them.  There are many ways
to do this, VAV, terminal units, multi-zones.  Either your concept of
the design or the design itself is flawed.  Either way there is no point
doing any more work with eQuest until you resolve the design problem.
Equest is working fine and your results are totally expected.  I rarely
open files, I do not have time, but more specifically there is no point
in your case.  You have junk going in, therefore you have junk coming out.
     Dakota has done you a big favour, much more eloquent than I and
given some excellent pointers.  You need to pick up the phone and nail
down the basics and don't forget to ask about the outside air.  VAV and
OA don't always play well together.  You will also have rooms with 35
kids and a room with one principal.
     Sorry about the touch of flame but much of the debate on this site
lately has regressed to teaching of basic concepts or to users who seem
to have only spent a week or 2 in the trenches.  It seems some of the
old hands are getting cranky because the privilege of asking questions
on this site is getting abused.
Bruce Easterbrook P.Eng.
Abode Engineering