[Equest-users] Heat recovery for partial OA supply

Victor Yeung Victor at invirosystems.ca
Tue Jun 15 09:24:00 PDT 2010

Hello all,

I am trying to model an ERV system that recovers energy for roughly 50%
of the outdoor air required.  Is this doable with equest?  I tried
entering the actual ERV cfm that equals to 50% of the OA requirement to
the 'Design Outdoor Airflow' space, but the results I'm getting is not
much different than recovering energy for all supplied OA.  FYI, the
system for the space is a packaged RTU, with a separate ERV supplying
the 50% OA.

Thanks,

VICTOR YEUNG, BASc, LEED(r) AP

EIT - LEED(r)/Sustainable Development