[Equest-users] Help

Steven Savich ssavich at systemswestengineers.com
Tue Jun 15 09:32:18 PDT 2010

Please include .pd2 and .inp files.

From: equest-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org
[mailto:equest-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org] On Behalf Of Synergy
Team
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 9:22 AM
To: eQUEST-users at onebuilding.org
Subject: [Equest-users] Help

We are trying to perform an energy audit using eQuest 3-63 on a 2 Story
multi-family structure located just north of New York City in Westchester
County. This particular building has four 3-bedroom apartment units side by
side each with it's own small boiler room which contains a single natural
gas burning instantaneous hot water boiler serving both space heating as
well as domestic hot water demand. This is a standard system and I feel that
eQUEST should have the capacity to model such a system accurately. However,
we have been unsuccessful thus far in its modelling and simulation. Through
trial and error we were able to model a single diagram in the "water sided
HVAC" window which shows multiple coils (radiators) that are linked to the
DHW Plant and DHW Res Loop but were unable simulate the building performance
due to some error. I would expect to see a diagram that consists of a single
boiler (DHW Plant) with a closed loop to and from the radiators (Multiple
Coils) and an open loop running from the single boiler with an arrow
pointing out to space. Does anyone know a simple way to model this type of
basic system? Please let us know. Thanks.

Vaughn Slovak
Architectural Designer
Synergy Design
p. 845.255.1733