[Equest-users] Waterside Economizer

Jeremy McClanathan jmcclanathan at CDiengineers.com
Wed Jun 2 09:17:50 PDT 2010

You can create a water economizer in your plant.  Create a new chiller of type "water economizer".

Jeremy

Jeremy McClanathan, LEED(r) AP
CDi ENGINEERS
4200 194th St SW, Ste 200, Lynnwood, WA 98036
P 425-672-1071 | F 425-778-8769

From: Greg Collins [mailto:GCollins at glumac.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 9:00 AM
To: Charles Land
Cc: equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Subject: Re: [Equest-users] Waterside Economizer

Charles,

I haven't done this myself, but have an idea that you might try..  Set up your chilled water loops so that the chiller and heat exchangers are in parallel.  Then, set up equipment control with a schedule so that the chiller is disabled and the heat exchanger enabled when the outside air conditions are suitable.  You may have to put the hourly ourside air dry bulb/ wet bulbs temps in Excel to crunch and figure out the schedule.

Again, I haven't had to do this before so there may very well be a simpler approach to modeling a waterside economizer, but I think this would work.   Let me know how you make out.

Greg Collins
GLUMAC | (949) 833-8190