[Equest-users] eQuest - FCU with DOAS

Marcus Eliason meliason at essexco.com
Mon Mar 1 08:04:27 PST 2010

Hello,

I am trying to model a building with FCUs and a DOAS to deliver outdoor air
to the individual zones.  I have put in the dummy zones for the DOAS system,
modeled as a single air handler with chilled and hot water coils. I have
changed the walls of the dummy zone to air walls, specified the DOAS to get
OA flow as sum of all zones and for the FCUs to get OA from the DOAS.  When
I run the model, I get a lot of unmet hours corresponding to the dummy zones
and the DOAS system.  I have tried but cannot seem to turn off the return
air path for the DOAS (since it is 100% OA) and have specified the minimum
OA fraction for the DOAS as 1.  I am not sure if the unmet hours means that
my DOAS is not adequately cooling the OA load or if it something else.
Also, my "pump & aux" energy in the model seems very high for a building
that only has 3 pumps.  Can someone familiar with modeling DOAS shed any
light on what might be causing some of these problems.  I have attached the
.inp and .pd2 files for reference.

Thanks,

Marcus Eliason